Re: transitioning from Qwerty to Dvorac keyboard layout discussion

@Theo, What I meant with the Iphone qwerty keyboard was that though it has the qwerty layout, most sighted people as you said won't be touch typing, however Apple used the qwerty layout because for sighted people who simply look at the keys and poke as needed with a couple of fingers the process will be approximately the same.

I'm not exactly sure what "grade 4" means (I never get the American grade system), but I've not heard of anyone having touch typing lessons at school at least in Britain. People are expected occasionally to submit typed work, and there are general purpose information technology lessons, but touch typing isn't taught as standard that I've heard.

btw using the quote function like that and replying multiple times isn't really necessary on the forum (sinse for one thing having the entire person's hole post out twice is a trifle redundent), just make one post replying to all people, unless you have somethi ng specific to add.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector