Re: Dos Games Preservation Project

Simba, I can't think of any specific sites off hand, but usually if you Google for specific games you can find them on the net. A lot of people have zipped up their old Dos games and made them available on the web as free downloads. Its more a matter of knowing what to look for.

SLJ, I see what you mean. In any case at this point it is more still in the idea phase. I haven't decide on writing anything yet. I was merely trying to find out general interest and if there were any specific games people wanted to see. I underestimated how many people just don't care either way or weren't around when Dos games were popular so they don't know what they want to see rewritten. So I'm uncertain what if anything I'll do just because there isn't a lot of interest from the community in this regard.

To explain when I wrote that post I expected a handful of people to come back with suggestions for this game or that game. What I didn't expec t was responses of where do I get Dos games or what games were out there. That tells me most of the community are unfamiliar with games and therefore anything I rewrite would be new to them simply because they don't know what was available say 20 years ago. My initial supposition that most of the users of this forum have favorite Dos games is a false assumption apparently.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector