Re: Monthly chat January 2015

@dark Hope you have a good time at the event, even if it's like 9 months away lol and btw I heard the recording of tdv, never bought the game because I can't even get off the ground... but All I will say is kick ass voice acting; bpc couldn't've picked a better brutus; you do that role extremely well. and on another note, on the subject of coding, I'm looking for testers or debuggers for a project I've been working on since last summer, autobuild. It's an installer type thingy for arch that installs more or less everything you need out of the box, it's a bootable iso just like the regular arch iso, but with speech and braille support and a custom script that does the actual install. All you would need is a clean vm or a throw away machine because it does wipe your disk. If anyone's interested, the link is: https://copy.com/XStZ6r7HLunN9jF0
For the readme file, hit control l after the cd stops spinning on a physical box, wait about 2 minutes on a vm. If you are setting up a machine for someone who does not need accessibility, at the isolinux menu, where you hear a beep, press tab, hit space and type nospeech and hit enter. This will disable espeakup as well as not install chromevox on the new system.
Credits:
I used the modified archiso-git package, known as talkingarch-git from the aur. This wouldn't've been possible without coding from the talking arch project (talkingarch.tk)
The only changes that I made were, coded the autobuild and post install scripts and added some aur packages, modified the talk-to-me shell script to accept nospeech params, added virtualbox-guest-utils package to the live media and changed brltty-minimal to brltty to get the iso to build.
Hope someone finds this useful. I welcome any feedback/flaming bags of poop/insults/constructive criticism/whatever anyone else has to say. Mind you I'm just learning to code in shell script; if you do cat /usr/bin/autobuild you'll see what I'm talking about, but it worked on the vm I tested it with... but damn I have to stop rambling... If you're interested, check it out and let me know what you think. Have a great day.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector