Re: SoundRTS Modern Map1 released!

This is a really good start! There are a couple things that I have found. This is only a preliminary look and I'll keep on checking out the map though
None of the units are actually affected if you research armor. You can correct this by adding
can_use armor
to each of the units you want to be able to benefit from the armor upgrade.
The AI is incorrectly set up. Use the ai.txt for the normal game as a guide. The ai-making tutorial doesn't tell you everything you need to know. When I played against an aggressive AI it didn't recruit anything but just exploited the resources, which there are  probably also too much of. Maybe having 500 of each resource is better than 1 million.
Also think about having more upgrades, for example the gun factory can research longer-range guns, or the tank factory could have to research large tank driving before you could use the mega tanks. Perhaps something analogous to improved wood gathering for the peas ants, such as mining efficiency
Mines can move? This is something new to me, but they have a speed of 1. Weeeeerd.
Think about having tiered upgrades like the trolls in the orc race of crazy mod. Researching stuff in the library could allow you to, say, upgrade your condors to hurricanes and then upgrade your hurricanes to spitfires. The same with some of the other units like the missile launcher, which could perhaps upgrade to your choice of a rocket launcher or an anti-air launcher.
You may want to make this a mod instead of including it with a map. One can  play the map while they havenaother mod installed, but the buildings from the installed mod will still be available. I played this over the crazy mod and was allowed to build things like vigilance towers and the other elven buildings, because it had changed the peasants into harvesters.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vsmiro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sswwaaiikkee via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector