Re: just got a Iphone6 plus, cases and questions

TIFKAM?

Oh and I feel I should translate a few of those "computer wootery" terms as Dark likes to call them.

You've probably heard vaguely of IP addresses, everything connected directly to the internet has to have one and that includes web sites. For a long time it's looked like we're going to run out, IPV6 is just a way of expanding the number of these available. We've had a bit of a reprieve on this thanks to routers but one day, maybe a long while off now but eventually, just like the analogue to digital TV switchover the old system will end up being either disabled or unable to access the whole internet for lack of space and IPV6 will become essential. It's a bit like running out of phone numbers so you add extra digits, theoretically yes they could adapt older systems to understand the new system but we've been down that road smile w hether or not we agree it just isn't going to happen.

Improved memory support means you can actually have more than 4GB of memory, some of the earlier examples of Windows trying to make this work actually slowed the computer down when you had more than 4GB but my Win 7 machine runs flawlessly with 16GB. You might never need that much memory and that's fine but it can help with things such as converting sound or video files from one format to another, editing audio, keeping PDF readers or web sites with flash from bogging down the system like they tend to do, or just having a lot of different windows or tabs open at once so you can refer back to them while you work on a document.

Win 7 has very nice support for multiple sound devices. This might seem strange, but you could do what I do and use your standalone sound card for your headphones and use the integrated sound that came with your motherboard or graphics card for speakers. Sometimes I just want to sit bac k and not have to worry about headphones, but the headphones are without a doubt what I use for serious listening because they both give me better sound in full 5.1 and block out some background noise. Since I'm using a desktop this means I don't need to mess around behind my desk with cables to achieve this, and given my 5.1 headphones have 3 connectors it takes a bit of playing around to get them in the right places every time I hook them up, but I also don't need to change my settings between 5.1 and stereo because I can leave my soundblaster card on 5.1 and the other output on stereo, thankfully the setting for this is independent for each output device.

USB 3 allows external hard drives or flash drives to copy files faster, you might not care about this but it can cut down the time it takes to make backups. It also has potential for scanners or syncing mobile devices such as iPhones or transferring to your victor stream's SD card.

I hope you have n't taken this as some kind of personal attack or disrespect from myself, what you do is ultimately your business and no one else's. Just remember that everything has its time, and when it comes to electronics but most especially when it comes to computers and computer like devices that time can be surprisingly short. We all agree that Microsoft's strategy regarding its interfaces is idiotic bullcrap but none of us can expect to have any meaningful impact, and sooner or later the tidal wave sweeps us all along with it. Or to put it more succinctly, the only constant is change.