Re: just got a Iphone6 plus, cases and questions

Well I am hoping that an actual practical reason to update will turn up in the next ten years, ie, something that improves what I cam do, not just replacing 20 years worth of compatibility with a shiny new interface and mythical security fixes. Indeed, what I might end up doing at some point is buying a reconditioned xp machine, keeping it offline entirely and just using it for all the stuff xp does, ---- assuming an actual new machine has some real bennifits which I've yet to see.

@Sebby, you say "all the bennifits of an update cycle with none of the drawbacks" but can you describe these bennifits without using some tecky wecky jargon the words "more", "better" or other superlatives? what do they actually do! Other than internet obsolescence and running screen reader friendly versions of windows games (accessible versions of which exist elsewhere anyway), I've really not heard of anything, which is why I question the validity of thes e so called upgrades.

I wouldn't describe myself as a "farmer" sinse producing stuff on a farm is far too hard work and your implication is that I would be totally unwilling to upgrade which is not the case, I just have a pragmatic attitude to technology. NEver mind how it works, what does it do for me! I think if microsoft and possibly Apple had a similar attitude rather than saying "how best to make more money and bugger people's actual needs" we'd have a much better time of it. Then again, that's capitalism for you.