Re: Clok Mud

Well I was desperate for a bit of exploring, so I tried this one, and sure enough exploring is what I got.

The problem I'm finding is a lot of the game systems are pretty complex and rather unforgiving if you got them wrong, for example I bought a handaxe rather than a lumber axe to chop wood and if it wasn't for one particularly kind player I'd have had a good few more wilderness trips than I wanted.

I do like the need to prepare for journies and the idea of getting skills by what you do is good, also the wilderness is certainly my thing, although the game isn't exactly forgiving, I got killed by a coyote after making the mistake of assuming that training in staffs meant I could take something on, also it took me a while to work out camp fires and I've not yet managed to carve anything halfway decent or lucrative, (actually I am wondering what the heck all those branches are for when I fell trees sinse it seems the only practical good you get is making fires, particularly sinse it seems to be easier to find little wild herbs in the forest than firewood which is very odd), indeed I was just trying to cook the first thing I managed to kill (a fox), when a brigand suddenly walked in, womped me in the chest with his mace and killed me stone dead in one go!

Actually the combat commands arne't something I've fully got yet, sinse at first it seemed unless I actively typed "kill" or "battle" I wasn't actually attacking at all.

I also wonder how the herbalism knolidge skill goes, sinse I've been doing loads of foraging for herbs and firewood, but not  seeing any sort of skill increase.

The game is good, it reminds me of when I started playing wayfare with it's complex wildenress and crafting, and also slower over all combat, though I  suspect it won't have the problem wayfare ran into, namely that once you'd setup your colony and were starting to build vehicles and full on sapceships the game became a lot less  interesting (or at least it did for me).

I'm darklenna on there if anyone wants to say hi, though the rp seems very casual thus far.