Re: Stereo microphone simulation

The first thing that comes to mind is the timers in the digital recorders are probably off by a couple nanoseconds or less.  This is common.  When you build a timer there is some error; the trick is to make that error less than needed for your application.  You can think of it as the peaks of a sine wave; one recorder's sine wave is at 44100 hz, and the other is at 44099.0000000000001 hz.  Unless these are very, very, very high-end recorders that may be your issue.  That's my best theory, anyway.  Fixing it is probably not possible as the amount of pitch bend you need is astronomically tiny, and I'm not sure anything can handle it because of floating point accuracy.  You may be able to fix it by strategically removing individual samples.
The proper solution is to buy a stereo microphone, even if I'm wrong about this.  You can probably pick one up for $50 or so.