Re: Where to sell old equipment

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do. I'm not greedy, though donating it to the RNIB would also cost me money to have it sent by courier because they don't have anywhere around me and the local institutions probably wouldn't know what it was much less what to do with it.

The event within the family isn't so much the problem as the fact that my mother's suddenly got what you Americans would call a bug up her butt about moving over as fast as humanly possible, I'd thought about it before but I had planned to take this year to save money and figure things out then my mother suddenly went from being quite off putting in her caution about the idea to pushing with everything she's got and it's kind of turning things topsy turvy. I could let her go and follow when I'm good and ready but she's the only sighted assistance I have, I rely on her to help with my mail which yes I could use a scanner for but I really can 't be arsed and I'd never remember plus I need her to help give my guide dog Kirk a decent run since I just don't know the dog walking routes and when it gets muddy or icy using a cane while holding onto the flexilead would be fairly hair raising. It's not like we need to rush, the... family event isn't due until around the end of September and it isn't happening directly to my mother so she has plenty of time but she has a tendency to be inconvenient about these things.

I can't really say the details right now because it's of a personal nature and it's not for me to make the decision to tell everyone, lets just say my mother suddenly has a burning need to live closer to my sister and her husband. I'm sure you can all figure out what I mean from what I've said.