Re: Sonic invaders by Aristides Mytaras

To be honest I don't really want another browser, I'm quite happy with ie and supernova, I just wish either microsoft would fix compatibility in post xp windows (I'd even be willing to put up with learning the  stupider interface and forgoing convenient lists), or that microsoft would continue support for ie on xp so that people who choose not to use their newer rubbish could do so.

Why I should get a so called upgrade from an operative system that I have used for the last 13 years, which can run anything written from 1970's onwards to one that struggles with things even five or six years old I don't know, and all the careless superlatives, tecky wecky jargan or tales about the big scary security bogey man won't change this fact, not when other than net compatibility post xp windows really won't help me do! anything different with my computer or help me do the things I do do such as watching dvds, playing media, playing games or word p rocessing any better.

Okay, rant over.

When I go to the copy link I get this:

To sign in to your Copy account, please upgrade to the latest version of one of
these web browsers:
Internet Explorer
Mozilla Firefox
Google Chrome
Apple Safari

No download links, no files no nothing.

I have decided to give firefox one last try at least for the one or two pages ie won't work with, so I'll try copying your file link into firefox and see if it helps, though the moment I get a crash with the thing I'm chucking it again.

If that doesn't work I'll possibly investigate chrome as a backup, though I'm less inclined to that option sinse I don't really want to learn an entire new screen reader just for net browsing, and I don't think chromevox has a streight to sapi or supernova option.

Edit: I tried downloading the file, but it didn't work well, firefox just sat there with the add ress.  even when I tried downloading something I knew was there it didn't give me a second window though it did ask where to put it.
Then again firefox, even when not crashing is the only program I've seen that works this badly with supernova, it doesn't even read the menus or this site properly unless there is a screen reader command I'm missing, which is crazy given that supernova reads pretty much anything that has standard text.

I'll try asking dolphin for a suggestion, though to don't like the fact this is even necessary.