Re: I have a somewhat annoying problem with my comp

yes, fingerprint tech has been around for a while, I bought a laptop in late 2006 that came with a built-in fingerprint reader, it worked great. Surprisingly, the thing is still kicking around, when I outgrew it, I gave it to my father who, to my chagrin will not buy a new computer and continues to use the old clunker. It is falling apart piece by piece but still works, I tell him all the time you can get a decent machine for like $400 or so, he don't play games on it, just works on it. He owns his own business. I tell him that it's a miracle that thing is still working and the hard drive is very likely going to fail in the near future and he needs to get off that thing. The battery is cooked so the laptop is tethered to power. it is it is virtually useless and needs wiping.