Re: Three Monkeys

@JCion, the comments about "fear of blindness and appocalypse" weren't actually to do with Swamp at all. There have been several games produced by indi developers outside the usual accessible games community who really play up the fear aspect of being blind, with you playing a character who could normally see who is then in the pitch dark with monsters and not able to rely on their vision.

Blindside is the only one I can think of that actually does this in appocalypse terms, but various others take this theme, both Papasangre games and the Nightjar (though not audio defense), Inquisitor's heartbeat, the maze game blind runner, Soul trapper I believe (though I could be wrong sinse I've not played soul trapper).

I do see the logic of what the devs are doing with three monkies here, sinse it is true for most sighted people the state of blindness is entirely an alien one full of fear, although I don't necessarily think having games that expl ore this are a bad thing sinse it could equally be argued that a person who is compitant at living without site and able to avoid the monsters etc is a positive thing, heck in probably the first seminal sf novel to explore the appocalypse and world of blindness idea John Wyndham's Day of the Trifids one of the first things that happens is the main character meets up with a compitant blind man walking along with his cane and notes how better equipped that man is in a world of blind people than everyone who's just lost their site, though unfortunately that aspect got sort of dropped later in the novel.

either way, Blind zombocalypse isn't related to swamp at all, sinse to be brutally honest people outside the accessible games community don't really know about Swamp, which is a shame sinse I fully agree Swamp rocks! big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sswwaaiikkee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : afsilva90 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JCion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JaminEatWorld via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JCion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sswwaaiikkee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector