Re: How to produce professional recordings for games?

Turn off everything that you can turn off, and grab as many fluffy barricades as possible. I've used a blanket, pillows, and a mattress (the kind that is all stuffing; no springs, and the cloth on the outside is softer). Build these up around your recording area as tightly as possible. At the absolute minimum, grab a pillow to put behind the recording device, and throw a blanket over your head. The real trouble with this method is that it only lets you record things that can fit into that space. It's ok for voices, especially if you can set it up so you can stand (for me, anyway, I can get much more out of my voice when standing).