Re: Let's Discuss Everything About Star Trek

@Wanderer, interesting stuff.

I actually find the same thing with many of the octor who books, lacking an over all editer or control they so often go  off the  rails with the biggest threat ever defeated by an over complex peace of plotting or revealing that someone is their own grand father's brother's cybernetic cousin who is walking around with a planet in their head, indeed this is one reason in Who terms i stick mostly to classic who and the bf audios.

The only trek books I've read were the James Blische novelizations of The original series, which are either very wonderful or very bad depending upon your perspective given that Blisch captured the style, spirit and plot of the original series perfectly. For original stuff, I've books by Peter David in Braille, Imzadi, Vendetta, Q squared, and Q in law, all I liked accept for Q in law which seemed really stretching at the shiping, particularly Q Squared. I also read a terrible novel cal led Doomsday world that was particularly bad for it's instant creation of two random races and Jordi's viser having some very weerd abilities, and Probe, a very very horrible sequel to the original series Voyage home film which I didn't enjoy at all accept on a ddeply ironic level, ---- that Kirk was able to tell instantly that the attractive romulan girl was an ally and trusted her implicitely was actually sort of funny.

I wouldn't be against reading some of the trek books if they were available in audio, if nothing else just to get more adventures with the next gen/ds9 crew, albeit I don't like the sound of the unrestricted universe mangling.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector