Re: audio files

Awesome work Sam, the attention to detail is admirable, and even in the smaller skits, the story is easy to follow, well put together, and the audio is over all simple, yet very effective, which can be hard to pull off in a neat little package like that.

I listened to 3 or 4 of your skits, and I'll probably look at some more as well, I gave you a thumbs up, and would be interested in seeing others if your willing to share them, if and when you have time to make more.
The only thing I can recommend is to be a bit less repetative in terms of the exact sounds you use for multiple events, for some of the skits, such as the rattling in the camper skit.
How ever I had to think a bit to come up with something that you could improve, and the over all quality of the work is hard to fault, so don't take that as a make or break comment.

Cae, most if not all of the links on that page give a 404.

Burac, sure, I'll take a listen as long as they aren't too realistic :$, I've never been a fan of intents premeditative violence or over the top horror movie style ultraviolence, unless it's really worth it to me my self, but that's just me.  I do suggest putting some kind of warning in your post though.

I really need to do more of my own, I forgot how fun they could be, but here are some of my sounds, consisting of a few short sequences, and a few of the clips that I've made for games, videos, and the like, that I'm most proud of or amused by.

Allot of these use sounds from different mainstream and audio games, but also some professional, unlicensed sound libraries:  I'm just throwing that out there right now, even though they are mixed tastefully, I hope, because, in the case of the audio games, even though there's no reason to feel bad about using sounds from people who got them from torrents, file sharing sites, and FTP servers, and then mixed them minimally and put them in games for non commercial use all around anyway, I thought I'd try to head off any questions before they started.
As for the mainstream games and professional libraries, well, we all need material to work with if we want to learn and grow, and as good as the samples from sites like freesound, flashkit, freeloops, and others are, they still need allot more fixing up and sifting than high quality libs with no surprises and top notch audio all around, which, also happen to cost thousands of dollars.
How ever I'm also not stupid or disrespectful enough to the recordists, developers, and clean up engineers that helped make those libs and games to try to make money off these sounds with my amiture abilities and 50 dollar audio editor.

Skits

An AI driven automated nuclear based Planetary Defense System for safely destroying targets in space from the ground, that never got added to DMNB.
Warning:  Somewhat Violent
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9f8vufx4l1r4r2x/PDS.mp3?dl=0

A zombie invasion scene I created to highlight the rediculously awesome and intents voice work done by Darth Scorp for Swamp, which he liked, by the way.
Warning:  Sudden, Violent, Gory, Somewhat Disturbing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx8xf2jkodl90 … p.mp3?dl=0

A sudden and comical scene where a man is minding his own business when his head suddenly explodes through unknown means...  I made this for a joke text adventure.
Warning: Quite Gory
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2f244semzcfva … n.mp3?dl=0

A man is running full tilt, not looking where he's going, and unfortunately, even though he tries to stop at the last second, he takes a tumble, a long one...  Another skit I made for the joke text adventure.
Warning:  Somewhat Gory, Somewhat Disturbing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2c6rn7uywrxp … 0.mp3?dl=0

A man walks through the door at the end of a corridor, and sees his friend in the room beyond, his friend greets him, then suddenly pulls out an assault rifle and shoots the man with a short burst of fully automatic fire, then bids him goodbye.  Another skit I made for that joke text adventure.
Warning:  Violent, Somewhat Disturbing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7i4ft4djrmwi … C.mp3?dl=0

One man upsets another, who runs out of the room they are both in, crying, and slams the door behind him. A moment later, the first man begins to cough and choke, then finally collapses, dead, while the other man, who secretly stayed outside the door, laughs evily. The last skit from that joke text adventure.
Warning:  Violent, Disturbing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wa766slwjjaqk … e.mp3?dl=0

A skit that pokes fun at the voicing for the game, Traders in Known Space.  The person behind the voice wasn't upset when I showed them, and I didn't do it to cause any harm.
Warning:  Culturally Insensitive, Somewhat Violent
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkm0g5wb3mekk … n.mp3?dl=0

Speratic gunfire and small explosions at a medium distance, from the perspective of the command deck on a mobile army command post on the edge of a warzone with running engine, radio communications with arial and armored ground forces, and automated and manual computer manipulation audible.  I made this sound to serve as the background to an audio game that didn't really get off the ground.
Warning:  Somewhat Violent
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhim6lfxbxjew … P.mp3?dl=0

Clips

Cartoon boner ripping out of pants and springing out sound, originally meant to be a social for Prometheus, but the administrator got cold feet at the last minute.  sad
Warning:  Sexual
https://www.dropbox.com/s/leq8hedxxgw2f … r.mp3?dl=0

Eerie, gradually fading cult like chant being heard through an old record player in an echoing, medium sized room.  I made this when I was testing some new plugins that I had just gotten for audacity.
Warning:  Somewhat Disturbing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v78x30f51q4cl … l.mp3?dl=0

The sounds of a powerful, long range shipboard sensor array's operation and output.  This was made for DMNB, but used used incorrectly do to a misunderstanding in communication.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/86hvd2a4zeylj … e.mp3?dl=0

The fanciful sounds of a rottery chain gun being reloaded with new rounds as the spent cartridges are emptied on to the metal deck plating of a vehicle.  Made for that same audio game that didn't really take off.
Warning:  Somewhat Violent
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqtgd51pgznn7 … d.mp3?dl=0

An explosion that kind of sounds like a dump truck crashing into a solid brick or concrete wall at high speed.  Originally made for that audio game that didn't really take off.
Warning:  Loud, Somewhat Violent, Somewhat Disturbing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrbxq5t9i2933 … d.mp3?dl=0

A large, over done explosion that sort of sounds like a small airplane or helicopter crashing into the top of a factory smoke stack, large satellite dish, or water tower, etc, and being thrown to the ground after rebounding from the impact.  Originally meant for, you guessed it, the audio game that never really got off the ground, or, you know, didn't stop in time and crashed, into a tower or something?  tongue
Warning:  Loud, Somewhat Violent, Somewhat Disturbing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/govr69hhmr8kn … d.mp3?dl=0

It's not much, but I hope you guy's enjoy it!  smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector