Snapshot

Hi.

I've thought of an idea for an addon for NVDA.

I'm no good at programming and have given it my best but just don't have the patience for it.

If anyone thinks this is a good idea and can develop addons, feel free to use it. Would I like to get credit for the idea? Yes but I really don't have the mind for programming so...

Anyway my idea is this; The addon would be a global addon, I think they're called, meaning it would be accessed at any time.

I was browsing through folders and thought to myself, hey, it would be great if we could have an addon that, for example, would say, brads' music folder, 3. So what it would do is tell you how many files or folders are within that folder, maybe you could toggle this with a keystroke. The reason I think this is such a good idea is because I know I don't like opening a folder thinking there's something in it, only to find it empty.

What do people think? I'm ru nning windows eight point one, so if there's already a feature in windows that does this, which I don't think there is, I'd like to know about it.