Re: a strange issue with my C drive

hmm, seems like maybe the drive has developed either bad blocks or is suffering from a mechanical problem where it is not easily reading the contents of the stored media. Put your ear up to the side of the case, if it helps, take the side off and listen to the drive run. Does it sound normal? or are there loud clicking sounds coming from it. A pattern to listen for is the drive spinning up and making a loud click and spinning down. I have had two Western Digital drives develop this, the first one became unusable the second one still works but it is very slow and I don't trust it so I don't use it anymore. Just as a precaution, back up all the things you need or don't want to lose, as if its a mechanical issue, there is really nothing to be done about it.