Re: Tentative Entombed 2 Design Decisions

@Dingo, I tried the latest version, (I know there weren't major changes but I do want to help with the testing as much as possible). I like the door sounds and I do see that some balance of the step sounds has been done (I didn't find this a problem myself sinse I have some amazingly good earphones). I also noticed the water seemed more detectable by direction, and I definitely like the new door sounds.

however, there were two sound related matters I noticed. Firstly, when you walked into a wall, you did get the sound on the left or right, however when the wall was below you the game would repeat the last panned sound. So, for example if I was in a left bottom corner, if I hit left arrow to walk into the leftwall I get the wall sound on the left, but then if I hit down arrow I get the same left wall sound. This also happened with rightwards sounds, though from what I gathered didn't happen with walls above you.
I'm afraid I'm also still! not s eeing this menu to switch screen reading methods,  hitting escape just brings up the menu with exit and start (and for some reason I can't exit that menu other than by hitting start because hitting escape again doesn't work), both right and left and up and down arrows switch between those two options, and the only way to choose whether the game uses supernova or sapi is to start it running with supernova or not.