Re: DeathMatch, a new beginning

I'm sorry about the continued drama, I don't know why some games attract more than others, though it always did surprise me deathmatch didn't have a password or e-mail verrification system to curb account theft and abuse.

As regards debris salvage, if it was just scanning space and wandering around until you found some debris floating about, picking it up and turning it iin essentially it isn't that different from hunting for asteroids.

What I'd therefore suggest are two sorts of debris, power cores and scrap.

Scrap would be bits of debris floating through space that appeared on your scanner anywhere. You could pick it up and add it to your cargo hold, however while some of it might be useful metal or minerals from  asteroid fragments or destroyed ships, some other could just be useless charred slag and worthless, so picking it up would be a gamble.

In addition however, I am thinking there would be a second type of debris P ower cores. These would be the power sources from destroyed ships or equipment floating in space and would actively need collecting, both because bits of radioactive and potentially explosive scrap floating around would be a hazard and because they would be far more prophetable to recondition.

So, there would be a federation organization, say the collection agency which would be responsable for employing pilots to pick up these power cores. What I'm thinking is power cores work similarly to cargo missions, however with two differences. Firstly, when your told to go and pick up a power core it's at some coordinates in the middle of open space within a 1000 square radious of whatever planet or station you got the mission from, and secondly, power cores when picked up do not take up your entire cargo hold.

Power core collection would not be as prophetable as cargo missions, say only 2k per power core, however the advantage would be that the spaces around where t he power cores were would contain a good amount of scrap (more than usual), and as I said, scrap has the potential to be prophetable, although qually it has the potential to be worthless.

So, debris collecting is a gamble, you could make only 2k per trip, (perhaps more at higher ranks if the ranks system gets introduced), however you have the potential to make a lot more too if you take the time to pick up scrap along the way. I don't know how the resource prices and economy work in the game, or what in game resources scrap might containbut you see my thought with this.

Btw, I'd also suggest scrap collection be a function of the asteroid mining console, rather than have it's own controls and force modification to every single ship, sinse it's not unreasonable to imagine the same equipment that can blast off chunks of asteroid, pick them up and sling them into your cargo hold wouldn't be able to handle just grabbing scrap from space, (indeed it&# 039;s pretty much the same job just without the blasting).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jesseleivo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mike-tan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : App con via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector