Re: Tentative Entombed 2 Design Decisions

With reattach, it would be possible to replace a paw with a hand, but unfortunately, your wolf doesn't have the intelligence to use a weapon, haha. That would be hilarious though. And you can make Frankenstein characters, but it might be hard to sever a very strong limb - like one made from rock.

Ethin, nice ideas again. I might actually just make the installer put the game in the documents folder so I don't have to mess around with multiple file paths. Enabling and disabling mods from the menu is a great idea.

Mod conflicts, that is, where one person has edited something and someone else has too are going to be impossible for the engine to deal with. If you don't want someone possibly overwriting your change with their change, it's better to make a brand new entity instead. So you want a hellhound, better to add it as new. This any additional modification added to the game can't alter your creation.

My poor human is still wolf food. Even with his neato flaming hands. The wolf is very quick and the human's stats are lackluster. I think I need to give him some armor and a weapon, haha. Putting a wolf on his team evened the odds some, but he still lost a fair bit. I think the rank system discussed before might make it interesting. You can put your ally wolf out in front, so the enemy wolf can't easily get to the human --- however, the wolf does have a pounce ability that can target one rank back.

The next update is going to have a lot of new things.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : airina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : airina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector