Re: Talking dosbox pre pre alpha 0.01

Right, I think you guys deserve an update. That will come a bit later today, but you can expect a few things:

-I managed to boot into freedos. This was mostly required by one screen reader, tinytalk which absolutely needed the cover speech thing drivers to be loaded with proper dos. The speech thing was a very cheep sound card that connected to a parallel port and I mostly set it up to free the soundblaster for games that need it. Some apps may work better or worse when booted into it.

-The next version will also come with Tyler Spivey's braille n's peak emulator, compiled into an EXE as well as a full version of ASAP. You will need to install com0com to get a virtual serial port, but I think it's worth it as  ASAP is probably the best dos screen reader out there. It's faster, has the most reliable screen echo and unlike the screen readers that use stalker, doesn't stop the program while it's speaking. It's definitely the preferr ed way of playing the PCS games, for example. JAWS will still be included so no worries in case you don't want to set that up.

-Lastly, just like with Jason Smith's messapple I want to include some games to get people started. I'm probably going to include Eamon, Drone, a few of the other games people mentioned here and I'll probably also get in touch with Phil to see if I can get the full versions of the PCS games I'm missing

@Jack yes, PC speaker emulation works. It's emulated by Dosbox independently of your actual hardware.  This was one of the reasons I wanted to get this to work so badly