Re: lets erge microsoft to develop a fully functional screen reader!

well hello there,  let me add a few tit bits to what has been said, and throw my own pallets in to the mix.
first off a few observations is in order.
I completely do agree with many of the posters that microsoft should enable basic sound support from the get go. how ever due to the diverse hardware platforms out there most of it is not possible. but, in todays modern technology since windows vista, they now use a generic, hi defenition audio controler chip. driver. what this meens is, that windows has already the generic basic standard run of the mill driver to interact with any sound card that conforms to the hi defenition audio standard. this is why, for example, most sound cards, such as realtech, and many others wil just work, even though it meens there advanced features is disabled.
the issue as to why microsoft cant  offer this support in to there basic windows P E in vironment, is what is bugging me, lets look at an example. u start up your windows repair disk to restore your computer from a system image you created.
it is as easy as py for microsoft to have incorperate this hi defenition audio driver. so that any USB audio device wil work,
or be recognised,
in fact again, any sound card conforming to this, wich is almost all of them, except those who uses proprietory drivers, like creative, just to name one? wil not work.
but, for me this is vital that they should at leest in clude some sort of basic support. it wil not be gigs in size. rather only megs. as we only need basic generic out put. to gain access to the hi defenition audio buss.  in fact, incorperating narrator in to that basic repair disk image wil not be huge either. they can, easily create narrator to run, again, they do not even have to do that. all they need to do is, if u do use windows image backup. to backup your system, and it asks you if u wish to create a repair disk. the only thing it has to ask u then is, would u like to crea te a repair disk using speech, or no speech. simple. if u say speech. narrators included.
there's so many easy ways microsoft can allow a talking install to happen.
because, even if u do have. a sound card that does not conform to the generic hi defenition audio stack, u stil wil have a USB headset or sound card, right? and guess what.
again windows has basic generic audio drivers for them. this is why, when u buy a whireless USB headset from the shops. windows recognises them easily and u ahve speech,
we'll not even get started as to why microsoft does not allow u to use the  windows audio service in safe mode. yep its disabled, u got to use a registry hack to tell windows to use the service in future. when u startup safe mode. and its only valid again, for the USB audio devices and so on.
i have rambled quite a bit. but i do hope i made the points clear.
1. its defenatly possible for MS to input sound support for inisial install. from a instelation disk, or repair disk.
2. its defenatly possible to in corperate narrator. or basic version there of. allowing a keypress to activate it.
but guys, sadly,
3. they wil not do so.because here is how they work.
they work acording to profitability, feezability, and in so dooing, they ask the question. what bugs/suggestions can we fix and make better in windows that wil in proove most peoples experiences.
sadly guys, we are in the minority.
what i am saying is, sure they no they can do this for us.
but we represent a very, very small portion of there income sorce. this is why narrator has stagnated over the years.
yes its in prooving. but it could go so much further.
it can,
so i do hope that in time, it will.
but those are just my inputs here and i hope i cleared up some confusion about why MS does what it does.
i am stil trying my self to try to get a windows recovery invironment that is sixty 4 bit with NVDA b ecause i stil have to use the windows repair disk, and i sometimes forget the steps needed to restore my system.
image of a sad face.
so sadly i also struggle with this at times.
i wish i new of a backup selution that u can just work with outside windows.
if any one nose about one. please pop me a tip so i can track it down.
and buy it.
i actualy brought the levtec recovery in vironment standard software, but its a very, very, very slow process, and you have to input a slew of boot commands to get things working again after image restoration on win seven.since they use a newer boot scheme.. and o, yes, i am stil trying to investigate as to how to get a propper sixty 4 bit selution for nvda to work on. but the moment i do, i wil share it, but until then, i am stuck as well.