Re: I'm blind and want to develop a very complex game

@Genroa: My game's only similarity to Pokémon is that you can explore and you will often be ambushed by others seeking a fight. That's it. smile
@dhruv: Thanks for the clarification. I wouldn't have gotten it anyways—$800 is far more than I would be willing to pay for something I could get for free that would be accessible.

@Hector: I do indeed have a great deal of the plot laid out in my mind. I was going to write this as a novel series for ten years before I finally got the epiphany about it being far better suited to a game. I'd already been thinking about what a game based on this story would be like (and honestly, it's probably going to be a series of games with all the stuff I've come up with for this world over the years, plus an online version where you can customise your own character and go on unique adventures through the world in question), but with the tools at my fingertips, I now have to start thinking about what keys will do which things. Being that I've been exposed to plenty of console games in the sense that I've been present while my family played them, I had been thinking of my game being one for the XBox or Play Station or something like that. (Ambitious, I know but there you are. That's part of why I was after graphics eventually.) The upside to building it for a computer is you have more keys to work with. The downside is you have more keys to assign or not assign to certain things. I'll work with that once I've finished my refresher course in BGT. big_smile

I had considered that previously, yes. I would have to give it some very serious thought before bringing others into the fold, however. Everyone here has their own projects and their own lives, and much as I would appreciate the help, I don't want to give the impression I'm expecting more from the other parties than they could give. I'm also, admittedly, rather paranoid when it comes to my story and its setting, characters and such. I'm a writer first and plagiarism is something I've been wary of since I came online and started posting to writing sites, mostly fanfiction since, as I said, I'm very protective of my original works. I hope none of you take offense at this, and this doesn't mean I'm not going to ask for help. It just means I'd have to think about it very carefully before I did and I'd need to know for sure I could trust the other person/people involved.
That went on a bit, haha.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Genroa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Genroa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Genroa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hektor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Genroa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Genroa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hektor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector