Re: Survey. What are the 10 best audiogames of history.

I agree about translations; I've wanted to include them practically since I started programming, but since Instant Translate is newer than most of my games, I never got far with my own translations. (I did translate a chunk of one to Japanese for a class project, and there are bits and pieces of incomplete French and Spanish translations in DB:GU, but overall it's been insane enough getting myself to finish anything in English. sad )

I don't think I've played enough of the older games to really respond all that well to the original question, but I did find myself agreeing with most of Dark's list. I would have included Bokurano Daibouken 3 (I understand why Dark didn't); I've found myself thinkking before that Swamp has effectively solved FPS-style navigation, and Bokurano Daibouken 3 has more or less solved 2D platformers. (Being a game style I 've put a lot of thought into, I still want to innovate with it more, but BK3 seems to have handled things better than any of my attempts.) From what I understand, Mason's 2D Platformer plays very similarly, minus the language barrier, and at this point I wouldn't expect any luck changing anything without a full-screen tactile display.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector