Re: A quick word.

For my part, the above Moderation comment wasn't a reflection on the sinserity or otherwise of tyler's appology. Likewise, my original use of the ranting trousers was just to reflect the fact that frankly I'm getting a little sick of the same conflict occurring with various different people on the forum again and again, and I find it quite astonishing that people can't just get on, or, where there is a conflict in an online game, can't simply solve it in a reasonable fashion. (beware! here come the trousers again).

Yes, people (both game and forum mods and players), have bad days or bad impulses, indeed while I don't want to start a game of misery poker here I will say some of mine are likely worse than many. However any moderator worth their salt should be committed to making an environment where everyone can participate and have a good time, and any gamer should basically be there to have fun themselves.

Of course, people being people, this isn't always the case. However, given the relative goals in mind, ie, everyone should! be there to have a good time, I do find it sort of depressing that there isn't a better solution than this pattern we've now seen all to many times of some sort of conflict on a game resulting in a ban which results in appology wars, ---- not to speak of a rather worse matter which as a forum mod I've had to deal with, namely formally banned players harassing developers or moderators of games on the forum with constant grievences.

That is why I said above, if you can't air your complaint in a reasonable fashion, don't complain!

To quote one of my dad's favourite sayings "Engage brain before opening gob!"

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : neo_anderson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kyle12 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector