Re: iOS game discovered: "Adventure to fate", a turn based jrpg

Very cool the update got submitted, however a big pile of Doh that it'll be such a while (silly Apple).
Hope you have a good break and thanks for the notifications and credits sinse as well as just being a nice thing, it's also good for people who play and develop games to know that persons of reduced visibility also appreciate games (and complex games what's more), indeed that is another purpose of this site.

I do however have a couple of questions.

Is it still necessary to use the name enter cheat code to unlock illusionist? or will the update also make it possible to unlock just by playing and collecting fate gems like the other character classes. Ditto as regards the new races and the monk class too. I've not yet done the illusionist unlock sinse I wanted to begin with an easier class to get to grips with like Knight, so would like to know if it's still needed in the update.

Speaking of races, I always wonder in rpgs when some races get modifyers what the point of different race/class combos are? Would there now be much point playing a dwarf knight if a troll knight could do the same big damage smashy smashy more efficiently? Also, why do humans always get shafted with the jonny average not good at anything stats? I ask sinse as I said, I want to restart the game with the new update, and am thinking about which race/class combo to try.

I also wouldn't mind putting some more cash towards buying something in the game but I have already bought the rmove adds and 2x gems upgrade, and I don't really want to buy gold or gems sinse I'd rather earn those by battling, indeed it gives you a good ensentive to try different character types and races.

I appreciate that updating quest to the core is likely to be a pain with the game being finished. However if I understand correctly the advantage quest to the core has is that rather than going down each floor just battling a constant stream o f monsters and going to the shop, it's more a roguelike, exploration affair where each dungeon square holdes different things such as battles or teleports or traps.
It'd be nice if a bit of that exploring, adventuring feel could be added either to battle arena or to the third adventure to fate game, sinse I'm always a fan of exploration and atmosphere, and while Adventure to fate certainly has a much more interesting battle system than most constant battle grinders I've seen, there's nothing like a little variety, especially if some atmospheric text could be added in terms of descriptions for monsters or locations.

I'm not suggesting turning the game completely into interactive fiction, just letting the text catch up with the images a bit.

Either way, speculations are likely a wee bit premature given I'm still waiting on the update to get really stuck in to the game, so I'll hold off on the suggestions for now.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : MikeFont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TouchMint via Audiogames-reflector