Re: Entombed

razvitasca wrote:

you can give me your save data and I will check your players.

Thanks, but I decided to just start a new game. For whatever reason I can't fathom, I did backup the saved game files, before starting the new game. :-\

Mayana wrote:

Hi, GeneWarner
well, how about Dectalk? It's free and very natural sounding. There's a bit torent sync folder, you can search dectalk bit torent sync folder and I think the first result is audiogames forum. Everything is explaned there. I think it's also on some websites, but I'm not sure where.

Thanks, I tried searching in both the forum's search and on google, and found it all very confusing. I don't recall seeing the audiogames forum in the search results. I don't get why adding voices to SAPI can't be simple, I find voices for Evona, eloque nce, Acapela, etc., but never any mention that a voice is for Windows 7 SAPI or SAPI 5.1 (which is what I think Windows 8 comes with). Maybe these are what I'm looking for, but unless it's specifically stated that it's for Windows 7, I'm not going to risk crashing Windows by installing something I shouldn't have.

razvitasca wrote:

hi Gene. Can you give me your save file in entombed? I want to help you to pass to that creature on level 6

I can, if you still want to try, but I've already started a new game. I backed up the saved game files from that stuck game though.

razvitasca wrote:

Gene, I have to try to give you this voice on drobbox, but when I install it, the voice say's something something like update, and I don't find the share with drobbox. thancs

No problem, thanks for th e try anyway.

BryanP wrote:

I use Sapi.

Thanks, I really needed to know that, that was about as useful as a picture window in an army tank, or a screen door in a submarine.

--------------

Observations about the game:

1. The background music is too loud, for me, it masks some of the sounds needed to navigate the mazes. For example, I cannot hear the southwind sound at all. I know there are volume controls but so far that hasn't helped. I know I could turn the music off, but I rather like it and would rather just lower its volume.

One possible solution would be to use an audio file editor to reduce the volum in the sound files. Question is, is there an accessible sound editor?

As much as I don't like Anna, I have switched to using SAPI and have found out that JAWS wasn't reading the line about how much gold you have when you enter the shop in the twilight vil lage. I don't know if this a common problem with JAWS or a problem coming from my slightly flakey Windows installation that needs rebuilding.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector