Re: What do people believe when it comes to religion and or spirituality?

Brad, just as an aside... you realize in your last post you essentially did what you said you don't appreciate on religion doing over another... why take the topic down just because one group of people, in this case Christians are simply professing we're believes? As bladestorm said, our job is to simply express and share the gospel of Jesus Christ, not force anyone to believe it. Telling us what to say or not say is not respectful, nor is taking down this topic... because quite frankly, this is actually the most civilized discussion about these matters I've seen on this forum to date! lol

There isn't much I have to say after bladestorm's post, save that I agree with him completely as well. @Tward though, I will say that I'm not so sure about your idea that sociological and psychological reasons are the only explanations for someone's faith, especially your ascertion that someone who is born into a particular faith stays that way. I actuall y see many more Christians who were born into the faith then leave it because of college life, whether it be because of what you said, them questioning and not finding any satisfactory answers or because they see the restraints on partying and especially having  some fun with the opposite gender to be troublesome and irritating. But atheists and agnostics becomes Christians later in life as well... and the same applies to any other faith. I have known muslim friends who've walked away from that faith, and also the opposite... I have heard stories and met some people who have embraced Islam at an older age and not coming from any sort of Islamic background. Bladestorm and I are examples of that as well, both having found our faith in christ relatively recently, and for me at least, never having a Christian family or much of a Christian presence that was in any way positive when I was young. As for all the other questions... if and when I can get myself to wake up, I might b e able to write something longer. Last thing though. burak, your question about priests getting married is assuming that God had to be maried to have a son... which is not true. Mary gave birth to the baby Jesus... and the Bible said that she conceived as a result of a miracle from the holy spirit. And priests don't marry, yes, but that is specific to Catholics... christian pastors are often married and have kids of their own.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sukil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector