Re: Accessible radios?

cw wrote:

Hmmm. I looked at those links and find it sort of interesting. One question I have is how well does the radio handle distense stations and how well does it handle close and how power stations? Add to that, how well does it sound? Just wondering.

Sound quality is Ok, but then I'm not all that picky, as long as it's clean and clear, I'm happy. It seems pretty good on FM for sensitivity. Medium wave, a.k.a. as AM, is useless because the AC adaptor throws a lot of power line hum into the area, it's not bad if you run on batteries. I haven't used the long or short wave bands so I can't comment on those, though I do notice there's no power line hum on those bands. The included wire antenna is rather minimal, for short and long wave reception you might want to use a long wire antenna instead. My primary use of it is as a blind accessible clock radio for recieving FM station s.