Re: a few complaints about the blind comunity

One complaint I have with the blind and visually impaired community is how hypocritical they are. They complain about people treating them badly, yet they are so intolerant of other people when they make mistakes.

Take this thing with Freedom Scientific's ridiculous license agreement. Most of the blind or visually impaired people here have made it clear they prefer NVDA to JAWS, so Freedom Scientific's license agreement will have no affect on them, yet I see a lot of them resorting to childish behavior like calling Freedom Scientific silly names, and wishing misfortune on it's employees, many of which are blind or visually impaired people too.

If this is typical of the way blind and visually impaired people behave, I think I'll be careful about my associations with them. I'm a mature adult and I prefer to associate with mature adults, or at least people who behave like they are.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector