Re: What do people believe when it comes to religion and or spirituality?

Nocturnus, I hear what you are saying.  Now, please hear me.
A number of the beliefs you profess actively harm people *here* in *this* world.  If I call you on that fact, you have to understand that I do not believe that knowingly harming people is consistent with following Jesus.  So I speak out against your views when I find them harmful to real people I know.  Does that feel like oppression to you?  I've certainly seen that viewpoint expressed by many people who call themselves Christians in the wake of cultural events.
I understand and respect that you are acting out of a particular view of what it means to love someone, i.e. that seeking to steer people away from wrong action is a loving act, no matter how offensive it may appear.
But here's the thing.  In doing so, you disrespect the person you claim to love.  You assert that your understanding of God's is superior to theirs.  You dare to place an imperfec t idol of God, created by your interpretation of Scripture above the worship of an all-pervading God who caused everything to be, who is so much larger than you can comprehend.  You dare to tell God how to judge people.  It's colossal arrogance, and if I've learned nothing else in my thirty-plus years of studying the Bible, theology and religion, it is that Jesus wasn't a big fan of arrogance.  It's actually a lack of trust in the goodness of a creator who made people very different from you.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sukil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gamedude via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector