Re: Announcing release of Interceptor by Valiant Galaxy Associates

Jeremy here,

Dark said:
Btw, the shortcut keys don't work at all, which is a pain sinse I keep having to go and look at the distance menue to see how far away the enemy is, also I can't check number of moves  left.

Jeremy:
I'm not sure why this is Dark.  It might be something to do with your screen reader.  Have you tried turning off the keyboard hooking?  That might fix your problem.  If it doesn't, you can turn it back on with f8.

Dark said:
it seems that getting a one hit kill on any ship with a deflector is impossible to one shot, indeed you always seem to need to destroy the deflector directly first before doing any even vaguely sygnificant damage to other systems.

Jeremy:
With energy weapons it is virtually impossible unless you encounter a damaged fighter whose deflector is already down to next to nothing.  Rockets can do it sometimes with a lucky hit.  That was why we included bonuses for two attack kills in the first place.  Our beta testers got annoyed with us:)

Dark said:
btw, sometimes it seems the enemy get more  actions or less, which is odd, particularly on higher levels, also sometimes I seem to get fewer, which is why I'd like to check the number of actions I've got if possible to know more easily what is happening.

Jeremy:

The initiative system depends heavily on engines, cockpit integrity, life support, and I hope that's everything.  If any of those three systems are damaged you are less likely to get initiative on the enemy and get say two turns in a row.  However, sometimes you just get lucky, or they do.

Each turn consists of 3 moves.  It's easy to sometimes lose track of the enemy's turns as sometimes the AI tries to do something the fighter can't do and it has to retry.  If it is forced to do this too often, the AI skips that mo ve.  I suspect that's why you have trouble tracking their turns as easily.  Even with two turns of 3 moves each, I often get lost in my count and am like is that their fourth maneuver, or their fifth?

HTH,

Jeremy

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogames . net fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogames . net fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogames . net fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector