Re: miriani mud

Hmmmm, Cw, what  would you gbe getting a ban for? If I banned everyone for accusing Miriani of having unrestricted piracy and general scummery I'd be banning half the forum, myself included big_smile

@igggggoreha You won't find another mud with a soundpack like alteraeon. the Alteraeon soundpack has been built lovingly over  a very long time (10 or 12 years), has massive support from the developer and is exceptional! indeed, it makes alteraeon more an audiogame than a mud. If your looking for other muds with that level of sound, your going to be disappointed every time. Muds are text games, they use the text and the mechanics, that is what they do. A few like materiamagica or  six dragons have the odd sound to play at various times in the game, but it really is "the odd sound" just to spice things up, so I'd get used to just hearing the text.

I'd recommend for a client Vipmud myself, as I find it easiest to use outside of Alter.

On muds, if you want a great combat game similar to alteraeon though with quicker mechanics and lots of questing, try Aardwolf, no sounds but great gameplay. If you want a really unique game with probably the best wilderness and mechanics I've ever seen plus one of the most lovely communities, try Clok, I've heard there is a soundpack kicking around for vipmud somewhere but I've not found it.

Materiamagica is big, complex and has a minimal soundpack like six dragons. I ran into trouble at one point with that game but I think the thing I ran into trouble with, the quest timers and inability to find marks, has been fixed and I should give it another try.

Six dragons looks good and has a minimal soundpack but I got a trifle stuck somewhere in the tutorial.

Prometheus has a similar space theme and mechanics to Miriani, but no unrestr icted pirating scummery, though some areas are still in the build phase.

Fluxworld is a great scifi adventure, but it's very different to pretty much any other mud in existance and more like a giant interactive fiction, there isn't combat or anything, just lots of puzzles and things in the environment to play with.

Wayfare1444 isn't really like a mud, it's more like setting up a space colony. I love the initial stages of wandering the wilderness and finding stuff and building, but after my colony got setup it became quite grindy.
Empire which has you ruling a kingdom I have heard good things about and it has had a rather recent update though my experience previously wasn't good.

discworld has beautiful writing in a fantasy setting and some great setup, but I found it near impossible to actually do! or interact with anything, I just ended up wandering around until i gave up because there were no quests or whatever.
Epitaff had&n bsp; very annoying to read combat so I got on very badly indeed, though I've heard a rumour this has been fixed, and the zombocalypse setting does sound interesting.
Cyber assault I have tried because several people played, but I wasn't a huge fan, particularly because combat is super spammy  even with the supposedly low spam option, though I admit the writing wasn't my thing in that game.

I've also heard good things about lost souls mud, particularly about access fixes, and someone recently recommended erion mud, though I've yet to try those last two, likewise Avalon looks intreaguing but I'm not sure on the combat sinse it doesn't have any screen reader adaptations.

And that is pretty much all the muds I have any even passing acquaintance with.

I'm now waiting for Dentin to release stelleraeon big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : igggggoreha via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dentin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : igggggoreha via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : igggggoreha via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dentin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : igggggoreha via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cody_91 via Audiogames-reflector