Re: Mac questions

@Techmaster 20, I wouldn't consider virtualization, for one thing it's too much hassle, for another I still like my big speakers and 40 inch monitor and dvd drive, all of which i'd have to give up on a mac, aside from the fact that god knows how virtual windows handles external drives and media and such.
I looked at the mac book, but decided against it on the basis both of the fact that desktops tend to be more reliable, and because I don't know what I'll be doing in the future that I might need the mac monitor for sinse goodness knows what will be available online at a later period as regards films etc..

As to the trackpad, thanks that information might be helpful particularly when I'm trying vo out. I hadn't particularly thought of using the trackpad for vo gestures but that could be useful at speeding things up, although I suspect that there will still be lots of things I'll want to do with the keyboard (as I said I 9;m not keen on safari with a trackpad).

@Jonnyboy1991, that is odd, sinse the number of posts and other information is all available in ie8. I actually noticed when trying out safari on my phone some stuff was missing, like for example the "login/logout" link, plus it wouldn't interact with buttons but I assume this was due to the screen size.
The vo tutorial on mac will be useful and again that is handy to know. I did have a chat to the apple fellow about folder structure and he said that you can get the mac to display information in streight out lists with sublists like xp (which is one of my main beefs with windows 7, sinse frankly i don't like all these sprawling columns and ribbons and modern interface design, give me streight up locations I can enter and open), but I don't imagine I'll be able to play with the view settings on the mac I try out tomorrow, so knowing those commands will help, indeed I suspect that whatever display mac I try out in the shop will not have had vo run on it before so I'll wind up in the vo tutorial, still it'll give me an idea of the mac's interface and capabilities which is mainly what I am interested in finding out.
From what I've discovered thus far I'm already %60 sure I'll end up getting one but it'd be foolish not to try one out first, plus deciding what size of monitor I want will only be possible when I see the thing.