Re: Considering switching to Java, recommended resources for learning how

Hi, I'm "the person" mentioned here tongue BGT has a lot of limitations, and because I know Java very well and because it is a correct language to program with, I decided to port my engine in Java, and programing audio and screen reader libraries (some things already exists). One cool thing with my Java port: the full 3D sound support using openAL. Made in two days with a little lib, only two lines to play a sound.

C# could have been another choice, yes smile

For 3D audio: I made the lib. tongue (very similar to eveyr other openAL implementations in Java)
For screen readers; working on it, someone made a Java lib for NVDA JAWS and a few others to work
TTS: same thingGames: my ported engine

See? I have everything you could want? big_smile lol more seriously, the goal of my engine is really to provide ready to use features like keyboard controls and all. smile