Re: Jim Kitchen passed away

I admit this one shocked me too, both because it was so unexpected and because Jim was hardly at the end of his life.
Jim's games were certainly some of the first I ever played, indeed the fact I had so much fun with them back in 2005 even though I couldn't get any sapi voices other than Sam to work was astounding. I've introduced them to friends and to my parents, and as Slj said, the fact that the games play so much like board games is astounding and makes for some great times together, as well as some of Jim's really fun solo arcade titles such as Pong, Golf and the amazing Awesome Homer.

I did not speak to Jim in person at any point, but I corresponded with him both privately and on the audeasy list quite frequently and always remember his humour and his understanding, in particular on a personal level I always liked the way that though he made adult games, he was always understanding of the fact that my genophobia precluded me from playing suc h, despite the amount of fun I had with so many of his other titles.

I even wrote a couple of golf courses in my time, and indeed will now see about finishing a project I've had in the works for a while, a Doctor Who question set for his trivia game.

As to his games, with the amount of people around the world who have downloaded them, the many friends and well wishers he made and the great reputation for being quirky and fun Jim's work always had, I doubt they'll be lost any time soon.

In particular I hope Cindy and the rest of Jim's family are okay.
I'd love to send flowers or a tribute, but being in the wrong country that's a little hard, still I will try and write something appropriate for the news at least.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kevin roberts via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jsymes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector