Re: Some questions about iOS

I'm still not sure on the speech delay on victor you mean sinse to me it is! instant, or at least instant after the bing. Then again at one point the rnib handed out victor classic dazy disc players for the talking books service (I was even on the testing team for those), so I'm probably used to victor's software generally for all I'd never bother with the disc version these days after using the stream.

the hole "artist/genre" thing just annoys me, mostly because most music I like isn't really genre specific, or is down right weerd and I don't care for this "well it's got to be pop, or blues, or classical (which is a silly term anyway given that the classical period technically only refers to music from about 1750-1820), actually I'll say for anything orchestral at all the id tags tend to be a nightmare!

I much prefer to organize my own stuff by either intention or group, eg, game and film soundtracks folders with subfolders for game or film series, and while each person or group gets a folder such as Enya, bellowhead or blackmore's night, I don't want to organize these into more specific categories.
I do have one orchestral music folder which contains everything from Beathoven to Ionaudi and KArl Jenkins which is as close to a genre folder as I have.

Similarly, with audiobooks I have folders for each author, and then subfolders for series with usually individual folders for each book and each book or series numbered so as to play in the right order, however there are occasions when I don't such as my doctor who folder and my folders for things like Starwars or Startrek or Graphic audio, not to mention my folder for audio recordings of articles I made to do my thesis with.

This likely explains why I hate itunes ad the insistance that you must! have stuff organized as almighty apple says or else! especially when the id tags misfunction as frequently is the ca se with a lot of orchestral music, it is sort of funny when the "artist" is given as something like "Scottish national orchestra" or "Michael kennedy as conductor" instead of the actual composer, which usually gets stuck in the "name of the peace" field while the generic term "classical" is used for anything from renaesance to the most post modern! big_smile.

Btw, the bank situation is probably one to discuss in monthly chat sinse people who just read this topic likely have no idea what your talking about, and while we've moved from a discussion abut Ios and Itunes to a general chat about music players and file organization a talk about banking machines is a little to ot methinks.