Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

Plans sound awesome as always, though as you said it's amazing how far the game has come.
I do think perhaps though lower level monster/region generation needs a tweak or two sinse right now it's hard to find things to fight that won't own you in one hit as Marta said, basically your runing around looking for a weapon, particularly sinse often you can walk into a level 1 region and then get all those encounters that raize the region level.

Perhaps tweak the generator that gives you a choice a little, so that until the character hits level 10, there will always be a level 1 region in the mix to choose, (though of course being the wastes it might still be a level 1 titan or hellzone region).

After all it makes  sense that you'd keep out of realy dangerous areas if you could until you were tough enough.

As to the factions, I'll be interested to see how that works, thugh currently I'm not sure how factions work across regio ns sinse I gather at the the moment factions are pretty much one region only. I did notice the surrender option in combat (though at the moment it doesn't seem to do much), so it'll be an interesting thing to see.

As to books, I've come across a couple that were quite random, but nothing exactly useful. A nice bit of colour, but I've not found out anything astounding with them, just some doomy hints about things like dust devils or some general nasty info on the wastes as a hole.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : catfish1953 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector