Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

Hey guys, just incase you're all wondering where the updates have gone I am announcing that for the next few days, perhaps week or more I will be incactive, there will likely be no updates at all, which going from our daily updates will definitely be a change, the reason for this is after many weeks of more or less avoiding it I am heading into the TITAN LANDS! nah just kidding, I'm taking on towns, towns are a bugger, I've already scrapped and rewrote them once before, last time they were scrapped we had gyms in towns where you could do reps to increase your strength and could buy special moves from fight trainers, there were also money lenders who send thugs after you if you tried to leave town without paying, the latest version of towns is much better overall though, it has many more places.

Towns are outdated though, shops use the old weapon system and the stock is infinite, most shacks are empty, mines and fight pits and buggy and all towns feel quite sam ey after a while.

I now plan to expand towns farther than anyone has asked or suggested and more than I though possible, the town population will no longer be a number, it'll be a number of actual npcs! that's right every npc in a town will exist, will have jobs, opinions, skills and stats, you can talk with them, fight or kill them even get them to join your faction.

On to factions, towns will have all kinds of factions, be them guilds and trade unions or gangs and reavers, you can even create your own town, perhaps you want to create a gang dedicated to extorting people for money, or a cult dedicated to your dead pet rat, you can do it, but the other factions might not like your presence.

There will be a huge amount of new buildings, towns will be far more unique, farming towns won't have the same things as slaver towns or trader towns, towns also have their own morality, you will find entirely mutant towns that kill humans on sight and if you are a mutant you'd better stay away from human towns cause they'll shoot you on sight.

There will be laws for each town, some towns will have curfews, others will make killing legal so be sure to find your local town's lawbook, aside from that you will be able to buy pretty much all buildings in town and become a property mogul or even take over the town in a violent coup and become the new ruler, where you can change the laws, outlaw groups, arrest citicens, collect add and remove taxes as well as start new events and traditions, simply put, as ruler of a town, you will have the power to rule your town!

I've been working pretty hard on it already, there are so many elements to this that doing just the basic concepts took me a day and doing the npc name generators took me another day but it pays off, there are 192000000 mutant names! stuff like Old Rotrad Joe and Garry Skinrash!

So hopefully if you guys can put up with how the game is at the moment for a little while you'll be seeing a hefty update soon, and following the big town update I will be happy enough to consider the game near completion, though the development journey won't end there!

Thanks for reading!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : catfish1953 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector