Re: FPS Engine Preview/request for feedback

Oh, yes, Camlorn. And I suppose that if I said that I still use pB as one of my main programming languages, you'd rant at me as well? Probably, considering your behavior when I said that people should use PB. Let's hope you don't do that again.
You can use PB without an IDE; however, I wouldn't recommend this, as the IDE in PB is extremely accessible (and no, Camlorn, PB is not C!) (I could go on and on on how PB isn't C, and what you can do in PB that you can't do in C, but I won't, as that's a waist of time on my part. And yes, while PB can be converted to C at some points, in most other cases, it cannot be.)
Camlorn, can you add the following languages to your list of languages you can use on the command line?:
Here they are:

  • Ada

  • D

  • Fortran

  • Perl

  • BASH/SH/KSH/TCSH/CSH

  • NASM/FASM/MASM/TASM (and most other, if not all, ASM tools)

  • Almost all BASIC variants and/or dialects

  • C--

  • Cyclone

  • BitC

  • C#.NET

  • VB.NET

  • VC++.NET

  • F#.NET

  • Node.JS

  • Groovy

  • All Parser and compiler generators

  • And a few more 300 languages I haven't heard of or have forgotten.

You are, Camlorn, right about VS not having very good accessibility. However, you are wrong about people not knowing Python, for instance, not getting very well paid jobs. In fact, knowing C and C++ (and maybe all the .NET languages too) will be a fine enough set of languages to get a well-paid job. KNowing a lot of programming languages, though, will just increase your pay. That's all they'll do. And if one language drops dead, another is usually ready to replace it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : heidicruiz via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bitti via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector