Re: That's not fair! problem at Quentin C's playroom

so As I see it, it's OK to bann someone for personal reasons?

In theory and in an ideal world no. Helpers should be neutral and impartial against all those things, and just rely on the rules, only the rules. But when someone post a bad joke about you and if you take it as a personal attack, it's a spontaneous reaction.
We can summarize it as a very simple thing: we are just humans.

Personally if that kind of joke had been run against me, probably I would have done the same, even if normally, I'm doing my best to stay neutral in all situations.

Wait a sec, you don't even know all of your moderators? Did I read that right?

Yes, you read it right. Remember that I'm not alone as admin, we are 4 people at the top of the hierarchy.
I'm the developer. The three other admins are much more responsible than me in coordinati ng the different helper teams.
Then, some of the helpers are acting as local coordinators and as pathway between them and us for the rest of their local team.

you have to consider these things: does the offending user constantly partake in behaviors such as this? Were there
any other reasons, other than the banning admin having a personal issue with this?

I don't know at all the offending user and his global situation, and thus am perfectly unable to judge anything. I don't want to make a choice.

IN the past, I believed everything. Anyone could tell me a complete story full of crap, and, as a sympathic idiot, I believed all their shit.
That's what happened at the beginning with Abdul/Swisskarl. The speech of such people is so good, that they are able to sell a fridge to an Eskimo, or make you forget that the sky is blue and make you convainced since all your life that it is indeed re d.

Here, nothing prooves me that the reasons are genuine, and neither that it isn't. Only the helper who banned him and those who were present at the time the facts happened can say something.
I wasn't present at that moment; so anyone can make me believe anything, I have no way of knowing if it's the truth or just manipulation.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ryok via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : abdulrahman . essam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : abdulrahman . essam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ryok via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bryant via Audiogames-reflector