Re: Monthly chat October

@Dark,
Yes it works so, I'm getting used to it. We have lectures as well as seminars. But it's the first week of university, so no seminars since they haven't divided us into groups yet. The professors sometimes give you the opportunity to speak during the lecture, so they ask any question depending on the subject you're lecturing. For example, we were studying phonetics, which I seem to like a bit, and the lecturer asked us, do you know what the phonetics is? I love the fact that they give you a chance to talk during the lecture and also they look very reasonable. It doesn't sound as they're reading a piece of paper and also, if needed they feel ready to explain what you can't understand. Well, at least in this faculty. I was told by some of my friends that some teachers were very very serious and they didn't tolerate them. One friend, for example, got an urgent phone call during the lecture and he asked the teacher politely if he coul d go out and answer. She strictly forbade him by saying, if you like to go, don't ever try to enter to my lectures. Also I love the fact that some professors are a little strict because it helps students become more responsible for what they're doing. Anyway university feels a difficult step to take.