Re: Quick Windows Sequencer Questions

Blasting GD,
YOur Bassmidi problems seem to be common, and i think they occur more with Win 8 and up, as that is what my friend was trying it on. I'm still on Win 7 on both of my machines, and while one has ore lag than the other, they both do seem to be able to sustain themselves for extended periods of time. You can adjust lag settings in Bassmidi, but I find they only work sometimes. I can't quite figure out why. Sometimes I wonder if those settings are properly saved when you apply changes, I wish I knew where those settings were stored, in an ini or registry key or whatever, so I could check.
As for why there are two Bassmidi ports, I always use port A. Port B is only useful if you want to have two instances of Bassmidi running at once, i.e. for projects with more than 16 channels. Roland introduced 32 channel midis in the late 90s, which is nothing more than two 16 channel midis using 2 ports. Some other synths have even extended that to 64 channels. Due to how the midi spec works, QWS can read many of these extended channel midis just fine, though you will have to assign the ports since those are QWS-specific messages I believe.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the blasting gd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the blasting gd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thggamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the blasting gd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the blasting gd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector