MrKegFlex Wrote:
> Just to make sure there is no confusion, I don't believe the "night/day"
> comparision was used to describe the difference between a wired and
> wireless connection.  It was used in my post to compare the difference
> between my cd player and a wireless sb2.
>
> In my case, I suspect either a setup problem with the sb2, the sb2 is
> doing something I'm not aware of, bad lossless files, or possibly my cd
> player is doing something I am not aware of.  Support has been quick to
> respond and explain that the sb2 is not doing something I am not aware
> of that would affect the audio, so I'm ruling that out.  I have
> rechecked my sb2 settings and I'm pretty sure I can eliminate that
> variable now too.  So, I'm now looking into how I created my flac/wma
> lossless files and my cd player specs.
>
> FWIW, in my scenario, I was able to setup a wired/wireless test last
> night. I did a quick 5 minute test and I couldn't tell a difference
> between the two.  However, I have a friend swinging by this weekend and
> I will have him take a blind test too to see if he can hear a
> difference...  and I plan to give the test more time than 5 minutes to
> sample different material.

Well...  on my hearing differences between my cd player and the sb2
feeding my receiver...  I am now convinced I was hearing things that
weren't there.  Maybe, it's that phantom breakin period?  I had a
friend over tonight to hear the differences I was talking about and I
couldn't even tell a difference when I was doing an A/B test for him.
Maybe, I was trying to hear something that wasn't there when I was
reviewing the sb2?  Not sure but I'm now convinced that my system is
performing as expected with the sb2 integrated into it.

I was also able to do more wired vs wireless tests and I could not hear
a difference between the two... sober and drunk.  ;o)  I hope sleepysurf
figures out the difference in sound between the wired and wireless in
his system. Don't rule out the phantom breakin period when you change
something in your system, it can happen... it just happened to me with
the sb2 replacing my cd player.  :)

--
MrKegFlex