occam Wrote:
> Hey Vinnie,
>
> Those Acopians are certainly small and well specified. Have you
> compared their subjective performance to the less expensive and
> multisourced linear supplies such as those from Power-One, Condor,
> International Power, etc...?
>
> TIA,
> Paul

Hi Paul,

I have not compared my Acopian to the other power supplies you
mentioned.  The Acopian is not cheap, but they are very small and very
clean!  Using the Acopian instead of the stock switching supply makes a
very noticeable audible improvement to me.

I also loaned one to a friend of mine who brought my attention to the
SB2.  Here is what he wrote to me:

"There is NO question that the power supply makes a noticable
difference. Very noticable, I'd say. Smoother, sweeter. Much less
hardness (particularly with strong transients).  Women's voices like
Bjork now sound like they are "singing forcefully" rather than
shouting.  Makes it so much better to listen to and appreciate."

I totally agree, but I'm no longer using the Acopian...I switched over
to battery power and am even happier.  See my post here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14751&page=2

Regards,

--
Vinnie R.