Re 2 - I doubt you will think SB2 internal dac is better than the RME -
I think you will be looking at an external dac to get a significant
improvement.  SB2 would clearly be an option for this, but the RME also
has a good output [it should at the price - you could get a wired and a
wireless SB2 for the RME price]

I rather like my RME as it gives me quality sound from my work room,
but do serious listening from an external dac connected to SB2 or CD
tranport, but only as the RME is in a different room.

You may want to try the foobar secret rabit resampling stuff with the
RME mentioned on AA's computer audio asylum [but I see you posted there
too!]

Adrian

--
Triode