On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 15:39 -0400, Pat Farrell wrote:
> BTW, on my Classe integrated amp, I had to
> change internal jumpers on my Benchmark DAC-1
> as it was overdriving the Classe' input side.

I had the same problem with my Meridian G02 Pre-Amp. I
think I only needed to take 10dB off though. I'm
using the balanced XLR's from the DAC-1, and the jumpers
definitely adjust the balanced outputs.

Hard to tell a significant sound quality difference
between using the variable outputs from the DAC
though.

--
"The biggest problem encountered while trying to design a system that
was completely foolproof, was, that people tended to underestimate the