radish Wrote:
> I have a few live albums which came with a DVD with the "surround"
> version of the music. Exactly the same as the CD, just more discrete
> channels. Hopefully these are DTS (I can't actually remember) but if
> they're DD - is there any equivalent way of ripping a DD soundtrack for
> playback through the SB2?

In theory ANY bitstream, PCM or not, that can be sent over s/pdif at
standard sample rates should be pass-throughable by SB2. The only
challenge is the ripping.

I suppose a sound card with s/pdif input should be able to record them
too. The problem is some sound cards (including one particular USB
dongle I know of) have problems with data errors.

--
seanadams