seanadams Wrote:
> This indicates that you have the raw DTS data at its nominal bit-rate,
> not the CD bit rate (44.1 * 16 * 2 == 1.4112 Mbps).
>
> Since SB2 does not know anything about DTS, what you need is a file
> that has been padded the same way as the data on a DTS CD. Then when it
> passes it though, it comes out in the correct bursts.
Yes, exactly -- but when I convert it into that format, it's completely
unplayable (by other apps that I know can play DTS files or DTS CD / DTS
WAV files).  As I mentioned above (I know, it's a long post!), I think
the bitrate used in the DTS stream is incompatible with the DTS WAV
format.

What would it take for a SB2 to be able to pass the raw DTS through?
I'm not asking for the box to be able to parse and understand the
stream, just to pass the raw data out to the receiver.  How do DVD
players do it?  (My DVD player knows nothing about DTS, but it can pass
the bitstream to the receiver okay.)

--
smst