Nicola Fankhauser Wrote:

> btw, is there an explanation why FLAC files sound so much better than
> MP3 on the SB2 (analog output)? I maybe will try how (high quality, if
> that exists :) MP3 files sound through my own DAC.

That would probably be because your FLAC files are lossless - they are
converted in the SB2 back into a bitstream which is "identical" to the
WAV files you started with.  Your MP3s will certainly be lossy - though
quite how audible the difference will be depends on the quality of the
encoder and the bit rate.  There are plenty of people who will say a
good MP3 at 320kbits is as good as lossless - but if you're down at
128kbits, say, you'd probably have to be hearing-impaired not to be
able to tell.

Ceejay

--
ceejay